Quote of the Day: “Don’t give up because you had a bad day, forgive yourself and do better tomorrow.”
One month down (well almost) 11 more to go! So far 2021 seems to be okay…what do you think?
At the beginning of January, I made a list of goals or “resolutions” I wanted to focus on for that month. How did I do?
My biggest goal was to attempt the Whole30 diet. If you are an avid follower of my blog, then you’ve probably read my Whole30 updates and know that I’ve cheated a little bit, but you know, I’ve done a lot better than I thought, so yay!
“Absolutely NO coffee drinks!” FAIL FAIL FAIL. Lol… enough said. I mean I didn’t go as crazy as usual… but I definitely am still working on cutting that out.
I read a book! It’s a miracle. I read The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. I finished it a few days ago and liked it a lot. Now, I’m onto my next book: Atomic Habits.
Lastly, grow up. Well, that’s a work in progress.
So, now that January is done, what will I be focusing on for the month of February?
- Journal at the beginning of every week: My journaling has gone downhill, but I want to at least do it once a week. I think it’s a great way to get all your thoughts out without having to talk to anyone… because we all know the less people I can talk to the better lol.
- Read 2 books: Really ambitious here. Maybe by the time I reach December, my goal will be to read 12 books that month. Just kidding. But I’ve really enjoyed reading at night and I have a lot of books that I want to get to!
- Break that 7 minute barrier: Over the summer, I ran a timed mile. I was expecting to get like 8:30 or something because I hadn’t run a timed mile in sooo long. I think I ended up getting around 7:20. I was SHOCKED. A few months after that, I ran another time mile and got SEVEN MINUTES FLAT. Ugh just one second away from breaking that barrier. This month, I will get AT LEAST 6:59.
- Continue eating healthy: My fear for February is that I will go back to my “old” eating habits and eat ice cream or chocolate whenever I want to. That is the last thing I want to do because I feel as though I’m in a good place where I don’t really crave it. I hope that in February, I can keep it going or at least have more control than I’ve had in the past.
- Grow up: As I stated before, this one is a work in progress and something I will continue to pursue throughout the year of 2021.