Quote of the day: “Blessed to see another year.”
On November 9, I turned 23! Hooray another year older… and 2 years away from a quarterly life crisis. This year has gone by so freaking fast. It honestly seems like yesterday that I was turning 22. I remember it so clearly and this year just doesn’t even seem like it happened. Today, I wanted to share some things I’ve learned from my 23 years of life.
- Living through a pandemic is so crazy and unlike something you’ve ever experienced. At least I hope I never experience it again. Also, don’t forget to wear your mask.
- Interviews are so scary and so stressful. I find them really dumb because they cater to people who are more extroverted and to people who are able to tell a good story.
- Gaining weight is not the worse thing in the world and doesn’t mean that it will never come off.
- Countdown to Christmas on the Hallmark channel is something I look forward to every year.
- I am the most competitive person ever and also the biggest sore loser.
- Going to the beach will never disappoint… specifically Hawaii, but any beach is amazing.
- I am not a people pleaser and I cannot stand people who are. It comes off as #fake to me.
- You’ll make effort with the people you really want to keep in touch with. I think it’s really important to at least put half effort in.
- Ben & Jerry’s might possibly have the best ice cream ever. I am a big fan of Chunky Monkey… anyone else?
- Comparing yourself to others will lower your self esteem immensely… especially if you get trapped into Instagram stalking and end up comparing yourself to everyone you come across.
- Apply to a lot of different jobs even if they’re not quite in your field or if experience doesn’t quite line up.
- Running with someone is a lot more fun than running by yourself… but headphones required ALWAYS.
- Home is the comfiest and most cozy place. Traveling is great, but nothing will quite feel like home.
- I’m scared for my future kids. My mom seriously can do everything perfectly and helps me so much… there’s no way I’ll ever be at that level when I’m a mom.
- Communication is the key to life, but I suck at it.
- Working out will make you so much happier. I know I never feel horrible after a workout.
- Being early to things is cool. I seriously get so stressed out if I’m going to be on-time or late to something. If I was going to be late to class, I just wouldn’t go because why would I want to walk in in front of a lot of different people?
- Small talk is so difficult and awkward. Maybe it’s just me, but I have a very difficult time having conversations with strangers. Actually, I think it might just be my own problem.
- Margaritas are fabulous, except when you have too many and then end up getting sick. Drink in moderation people.
- This country is crazier then I thought. I didn’t think we were perfect, but I didn’t know we were as messed up as we are.
- Complaining will get you no where. I complain at least 100 times a day and yeah nothing comes out of it. I just can’t help it. It’s my goal to stop complaining or to at least reduce it.
- Don’t live in the past or the future. I am a big nostalgic girl. I love going to places I’ve been and seeing how it’s changed or whatever. I also love imagining what my future looks like. I have a hard time living in the present.
- The people in my life are the best. I have the best family, the best boyfriend, and the best friends! I got so damn lucky.
That’s all for now! Some of these are funny, but all are very good life lessons to learn… well actually not really, but oh well. Have a great day 🙂