Quote of the Day: “Home is the comfiest place to be.”
Whether you’re working from home, doing school from home, or just chilling at home, there’s no doubt that you’re spending a lot of time at home. What better way to spend time at home than to binge watch a lot of tv? I mean I guess you could be productive and do all the home projects you’ve been meaning to get around to, but that’s not nearly as fun as finding new shows to watch and obsess over… right?
Today I am sharing some tv shows that I’ve watched during quarantine. I’ll do my best to not share my usual favorites (One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, etc.), but still check those out NOW!
- Emily in Paris: I would definitely place this show in the same category as Gossip Girl. It is very girly and very focused on fashion. It follows Emily, a twenty-something female, working in marketing, who gets the opportunity to move to Paris for the year for her job. She deals with language & culture barriers, boy drama, and the influencer life. I personally really enjoyed it and am looking forward to (1) going to Paris sometime and (2) another season.
- The Queen’s Gambit: First question. Do you know how to play chess? Well, regardless of whether or not you do, watch this show. Beth Harmon, the main character, is this extraordinary chess player who learned how to play from a janitor at the orphanage she lived in. She plays in chess tournaments all over the world and even challenges some of the greatest players, but also struggles with drug use and depression. This tv show made me want to learn how to play chess… don’t play with me because I don’t play well and I don’t handle loss well either.
- The Haunting of Hill House: If you’re looking for something a little spooky, this is the show to watch. It follows the lives of this one family who moved into the haunted Hill House. Parts of the show consists of flashbacks when the family is actually living in the house, but the majority of the show follows the children as adults and how they still struggle with what they went through in Hill House. Kind of difficult to explain, but a very interesting show. They also made the Haunting of Bly Manor, but I never really got into that one.
- This Is Us: I freaking love this show. It’s funny, it’s emotional, it’s heartwarming… seriously all the feels. I am adding this to the list because season 5 just started and it is very relevant. It is taking place now essentially. COVID exists. The killing of George Floyd exits. I was really surprised they made the season the way they did. I think it’s pretty cool. Obviously, don’t start with season 5 because you’ll have no clue what is going on, but once you start season 1, you’ll be hooked.
- The Bachelorette: Not a binge worthy series, but you can binge the first three episodes on Hulu right now. This season… holy guacamole. Don’t even get me started. Clare. Barf. That’s all I have to say. JK I’ll say a little more. I’m sick of Clare thinking she’s this really independent, strong woman and that’s why she’s single. No. She’s single because she is annoying and wants her man to freaking hail the ground she walks on. Also, I’m sick of Dale. They can leave now! I’m ready for Tayshia!
There are so many more shows and movies that you should watch, but start with those! Have any recommendations for me? Let me know!