Quote of the day: “A month from now… you can either have a month of progress OR a month of excuses why you didn’t.”
For the past two years I’ve created a list of things I wanted to accomplish before my upcoming birthday. Well, my 23rd birthday (November 9) is just about two months away and once again I am choosing a few things I want to fulfill. I enjoy doing this because it gives me an actual end date rather than “I want to do this at some point in my life.” Hmm so what to accomplish this year?
- Hold a 4 Minute Plank: Well, if you’ve been around for awhile, then you know that for my 21st birthday, I wanted to hold a 2 minute plank and for my 22nd birthday, I wanted to hold a 3 minute plank. One year later… one minute more. I don’t feel totally confident about this one, but I have two months to make it happen!
- Run a 10k: During quarantine, I’ve upped my outside running mileage quite a bit. I used to not really be able to run past a mile outside. Now, since I don’t have any other option, all my running has switched to outside. I recently ran 5 miles (my outside personal best) and now I’m ready to increase it to a 10k.
- Sunset Dinner on Beach: Omg just thinking about this sounds so nice! I am a BIG fan of the beach and I rarely ever see a good sunset while at the beach… except for in Hawaii. I WILL have a picnic on the beach and watch the sunset!
- Vote in Presidential Election: I didn’t vote last presidential election (don’t hate), but this year I definitely will. Luckily, the election is six days before my birthday, so I will be sure to do this!
- Become Financially Literate: I’ve recently had a lot of conversations about stocks and retirement and taxes and money and all that fun “adulting” stuff. I’m coming to realize that I really don’t know anything about those things and I think it’s important knowledge. I heard the Financial Diet is a good place to start. Any other suggestions?
- Birthday Trip: This is basically the first year I’m not in school on my birthday (unfortunately the year with COVID), so I want to do something fun and memorable! I believe there are safe ways to do so even with everything going on and I will figure out a way to make it happen!
Honestly, I feel like a lot of these are really doable. I’m excited to see what I’ll be able to accomplish this year. I feel like these goals or whatever you want to call them are a lot different than my previous years minus the fitness ones. My previous birthday posts are linked down below, so make sure to check those out! Wish me good luck and check back after November 9!