Quote of the Day: “A little progress each day adds up to big results.”
It’s been awhile, but I’m back and very ready to start blogging again. Sometimes things just happen in life and you need to take a step back, yeah know? Well, yeah that’s what I was doing and I was just feeling really uninspired and lacking drive and creativity, but I think I’m over that little bump.
So it has been about a month now of shelter-in-place and the only thing I feel like I’ve accomplished is working out everyday. With all my working out, I thought, why not share some of my favorite exercises?
Today, I am sharing some of my go to core exercises. I love working my core because it doesn’t require too much effort and you can do it while watching tv. Plus, having a strong core is really important because your core is what stabilizes your body. Have you ever tried balancing and just can’t? Well, try again and squeeze your abs as much as possible… I promise you will be able to balance. The more you strengthen your core, the better balance and stability you’ll have. Now on to the exercises:
Exercises: Go through the whole thing 3x for a great workout!
- Pike Up W/ Dumbbell: 10 reps (I used a 7 lb. dumbbell)
- Isometric Hold: 10 reps on each side
- Leg Extensions: 10 reps/side, 10 reps for double knee extension
- Bicycle Crunches: 30 reps (15/side)
- Side Plank w/ Crunch: 10 reps/side
- Plank Ball Circles: 20 total (go one way, then circle the other way)
- Commandos: 10 on left arm, 10 on right arm
- Spider Plank: 10/side (can add push-up for a challenge)
- Plank: Hold for 30 sec.
Well, I hope you give this workout a try. Remember run through it all once, then repeat two more times. You’ll be burning after the first round… I promise. Also, if you do this or some sort of core workout everyday, you’ll be able to hold your plank longer + your abs will be rock solid! Enjoy.