Quote of the Day: “Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.”
I can’t believe that March is already over…it went by so fast! I guess with all the change going on, it makes life go by quickly. This pandemic has been going on for about a month now and I just can’t fathom that the new norm is going to the grocery store wearing gloves and mask, waiting in long lines, and being afraid to get close to people. It so weird!
Since the month is coming to an end, I thought I would share a few of my favorite things that I’ve loved throughout March! I hope you check out or try some of these things and love them as much as I do!
- Running Outside: Obviously since the gym is freaking closed, I had to find some way to get my cardio in. To me, that meant I needed to start running…outside! I also opt to run on a treadmill because it’s easier to pace myself. Unfortunately, that’s not an option for me right now, so yes, I have been running outside and surprisingly it’s been kind of nice! I’m working on getting my distance up. Today, I finally ran a 5k straight. I’m happy!
- Hot Dogs: I’ve loved hot dogs for as long as I can remember. When we would go to Hawaii, my dad would always grill hot dogs while my sister and I swam in the pool. I don’t know why, but I recently started eating them a lot more. I know what you’re probably thinking: “Do you know how hot dogs are made?” Yes, I’ve seen videos, but I don’t care because they’re freaking delicious. I especially love Costco hot dogs.
- All I Want by Olivia Rodrigo: If you haven’t seen High School Musical The Musical: Series, then I don’t know what you’re doing. I was super skeptical about it since a lot of Disney Channel remakes are AWFUL, but this one is not. I really like this one song that the main character sings. I think it’s really relatable for almost everyone.
- Lululemon Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew: I’ve been raving about the short sleeve version of these shirts for YEARS, but I’ve recently been wearing my long sleeve version a lot. I think it’s a great shirt to wear when running outside because sometimes it’s a little chilly, but not too chilly to wear a jacket.
- Honey Mama’s Chocolate: If you haven’t tried this chocolate yet, then go to Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, or Molly Stones and get it now! It is seriously so good. It’s definitely different than you’re standard chocolate bar, but it’s still super addicting and delicious.
- Workout Videos: Once again, the gym is closed, so I’m forced to find new ways to workout. I used to follow a lot of Youtube videos, but then stopped once I consistently started going to the gym. Now, I’m back to the videos. I really like ToneItUp, Natacha Oceane, Sarah’s Day, and Autumn Calabrese. If you try any of these, get ready to SWEAT!
- The Bachelor: Obviously, I had to throw this one in. I go back and forth on whether or not I’m going to watch the current season, but I did decide to watch Peter’s season. A lot of people hated it, but I personally found it super entertaining. Yeah, the girls were annoying as shit and Peter’s mom is low-key crazy, but that’s why people continue to watch the show. I’m not stoked about Claire being the next Bachelorette though. We’ll see if I watch that season.
- Work: Up until I stopped working (about a week ago), I was really starting to love my job. For the time that I did work in March, I was working like 50 hours/week average, but I didn’t mind it too much. I feel like I have a good grasp on what I’m supposed to be doing now, so it makes it a lot more enjoyable. Also, I’ve gotten to know my co-workers a lot more, since we spend so much freaking time together, and that has been really fun. I would really like to go back to work now!
- Lavva Yogurt: I recently discovered this yogurt at Whole Foods and I’m sure glad I did. This yogurt it plant-based, sugar free, and filled with probiotics. I really like adding mango and cacao nibs to the yogurt. The combination makes a perfect and delicious parfait!
- Sequence: I mentioned this board game on my last post, but now I am officially addicted to it. It is a GREAT quarantine activity. It is also a great game to play if you have stuff on your mind and you want a break from thinking about it. I swear, I play like 10 games in a row and never get tired of it! PLAY IT NOW!
I hope you are all staying safe and sane! At least another month of this…torture. But hey, try out some of these things and let me know what you think!