Quote of the Day: “We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.”
Is anyone else about to reach a new level of insanity? This self-quarantine thing is starting to make me go a little stir-crazy and it hasn’t even been one week! I am so used to routine and now it’s just gone!
I’ve decided that since life is going to be like this for a while, I might as well make the most of it. I’ve created a list of activities that we can all do while we try and fight this virus as quickly as possible! Don’t forget to stay inside and wash your hands.
- Binge-watch TV Shows: This is the complete opposite of productive, but when else are you going to get the opportunity to finish a whole series in a few days or a week? Some of my favorite shows to binge watch are: One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Black Mirror, The OC, and How I Met Your Mother. Got any other tv show suggestions? Let me know!
- Workout: There is literally no excuse to not workout during these next few weeks! No more saying “I don’t have enough time!” Everyone has nothing but time. Take at least 30 minutes out of your day to be active. Go for a walk. Go for a run. Youtube workout videos. Play tennis. The options are endless, just get out and move your body!
- Update Your Resume: I feel like updating the resume and LinkedIn is something we all put off because it’s just not fun at all. This is the time to do it! It’s going to be really hard to find a job after this whole thing is over, so it’s a great reason to really perfect your resume!
- Clean Out Your Closet: I really enjoy doing this every few months because my closet gets SUPER crazy and messy! When I clean my closet, I tend to follow the Marie Kondo method as best as possible. I place all my clothes from my drawers and closet on my bed and go through each item to see whether or not I want to keep it or donate it. Not going to lie, it is a very time consuming activity, but it’s such a great feeling once it’s over!
- Play Board Games: This has been a very popular activity in my household. My family has been playing A LOT of Sequence. This is such a fun game and is all about strategy… and boy do I have good strategy! It’s so fun crushing my family every single time we play! What board games do you like to play?
- Bake: I know my friend Erin has been doing this like every single freaking day. I swear she bakes new cookies all the time and posts them on her Instagram story…and doesn’t even share them…hmmph. But yeah, I agree baking is a great quarantine activity. I think I’ll make some banana bread tomorrow…I’ve been craving it.
- Order Takeout: It would be such a shame if at the end of this your favorite local restaurants were not able to re-open or survive. I know I personally would be devastated if certain restaurants closed in my hometown! We have to keep these places alive and the only way to do that is to continue going there and ordering takeout! Save your local businesses.
- FaceTime a Friend: This is another activity that usually doesn’t happen too often due to lack of time. Once again, time is on our side! FaceTime someone you haven’t talked to in a while and just catch up! I love FaceTiming my best friend…it’s so fun! So go do it!
- Plan Your Next Vacation: I am completely aware that no one knows when this whole thing will end, but if you know you want to travel in the future (probably far future), it wouldn’t be a bad idea to purchase your plane tickets now. I was looking at flights on Google Flights and they are SOOO cheap right now! It’s actually incredible and sure makes me want to go somewhere fun!
- Sleep: Another thing that we don’t get a lot of regularly. When I was working, I was going to bed at like 12:00 am and waking up at 5:30 am…. let me tell you, that is NOT enough sleep at all. Now that I’m not doing anything, I get like 3ish extra hours of sleep a night. It’s great!
There are seriously so many different quarantine activities we can do to get through this. I know it seems like the end of the world (trust me, I thought that the very first day I had to stay home), but soon enough we’ll all be able to get back to our usual lives. I guess just enjoy the free-time you have and do whatever you want! If you have any quarantine activities, let me know! I sure need more ideas!