Christmas is officially over. This Christmas season was so different than any other year. To be completely honest, I just have been having the hardest time being happy. This season magnifies everyone’s lives for the good and bad… and this year it happened to be the bad for me. I hate to admit it, but I am ready for the holidays to be over.
I know that New Year’s Resolutions have a bad rap. A lot of people think it’s so dumb to even make them because a month into the New Year, all the resolutions are basically forgotten. I, however, like the idea of starting fresh and feeling like I’m working towards something, even though I am guilty for dropping the resolutions a few months in.
This year is also different. It’s not just a new year. It’s a freaking new DECADE! That makes it even more exciting. 2020 is the year for clear vision (haha)…so make your resolutions and get after the year!
- Reduce My Carbon Footprint: This is going to be difficult and I definitely need to do some research, but I feel very passionate about it. Since being home, I’ve realized how much sh*t I’ve accumulated and how much stuff I end up throwing away as I clean my room. It’s so wasteful and something needs to be done. I also realize that every time I go to a coffee shop, I always have trash (the coffee cup), so I would like to start taking reusable containers and coffee bottles around with me.
- Find New Ways to be Creative: Blogging is my main way to be creative and I love it, but I really want to find more ways that allow me to use my creativity. I’ve started learning calligraphy (it’s quite the process) and I love bullet journaling. I know there’s so many other ways to be creative though.
- Challenge Myself: While in school, it’s so easy to challenge myself. All the classes I take challenge me every single day. Now that I’m done with school, I don’t really have anything that challenges me to that level, but challenges lead to growth. I want to find ways to challenge myself whether that be through fitness, academics, work, etc.
- Send Handwritten Letters: There’s something about receiving a handwritten letter that is so exciting. It’s so easy to communicate through text or social media, but letters are so personal and so special. I kind of think letters show you care too.
- Hold in Less: This is extremely relevant in my life right now. I am the freaking QUEEN of bottling up my emotions. No one will ever know what I am feeling or thinking. It’s a curse and a blessing…in my opinion. I kind of want to be someone who isn’t afraid to share their emotions though. This will for sure be the hardest thing to work on, but it just may be possible.
I have more resolutions for 2020, but I’ll leave it there for this blog post. Whether you like making New Year’s resolutions or not, I hope you are looking forward to the new year and new decade.