Matcha lattes have easily become one of my FAVORITE drinks. I’m not a huge coffee drinker, even though I do really like iced vanilla soy lattes, but I do like drinking something other than water and sometimes I do need a little caffeine to get me through the day.
So what exactly is matcha? Matcha is powder made from green tea leaves. It basically can act as a coffee replacement and in my opinion tastes so much better. Matcha also has a lot more benefits than coffee. The benefits of matcha include:
- high in antioxidants
- energy source without crash or jitters
- burns calories
- detoxifies body naturally
- relaxes the body
- calms mind
It’s taken me a while to prepare the perfect matcha latte, but I think I finally have come up with a simple, fast, and DELICIOUS one.
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup milk of choice
- dash of cinnamon
- spoonful of coconut oil or butter
- sweetener such as honey (optional)
- In a high-speed blender, place hot water, matcha powder, almond milk (link to homemade almond milk), cinnamon, coconut oil or butter, and honey
- Blend for around 1-2 minutes, blending allows the matcha to completely dissolve and be chunky (blending is a good option is you don’t have a matcha whisk)
- Once completely blended, place ice in a cup (if going for an iced matcha latte)
- Pour matcha into the ice cup
- Add some more cinnamon on top for additional flavor
See. It’s literally so easy to make this delicious drink. If you haven’t tried matcha, I highly recommend it. You can enjoy it hot, iced, or even blended with ice. So many choices. Hope this inspires you to try!