At the start of summer, I began to curate a list of things that I was obsessed with. This list includes literally anything and everything ranging from music to apparel to food. I really like watching YouTube “favorites” videos because people talk about cool products and what not and give good suggestions. I thought I would share my list of favorites and maybe you’ll discover a new product or something to try.
- For My Ears: Recently, I’ve been really tired of my Spotify playlists. I’ve listened to all the songs about 100x each and I definitely don’t want to listen to all the radio songs being played on repeat. However, there are three artists/songs that I’ve been obsessed with. The first being Ed Sheeran’s new album! It’s so good and very different from his usual stuff. My favorite songs on that album are Best Part of Me, Blow, and Antisocial. Another song I’ve been OBSESSED with is Old Town Road by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus. My mom even loves the song too. She was even trying to sing it yesterday…so funny. The last song I’ve been playing on repeat is Everyday by ASAP Rocky. Apparently it’s really old, but I just found out about it. It’s a banger!
- For My Tummy: There are two food/drink related things that I have been loving and that I think have been really helping my digestion. The first thing is this bowl of fruit! Bananas, mango, cinnamon, and cacao nibs. SO FREAKING GOOD. I love eating this as my first meal. It doesn’t hurt my stomach at all. While eating this bowl of fruit, I like to drink a nice cup of hot ginger tea. I’ve been drinking this Pukka Three Ginger tea for a while now. I’m not going to lie and say it’s the BEST tasting tea because it’s not, but it’s not AWFUL either. I personally like ginger and this DEFINITELY tastes like ginger, so if you don’t like ginger, this tea is not for you. But give it a shot!
- For My Feet: I love ADIDAS so much right now and so does everyone else. For a while Nike used to be huge (it kind of still is), but from what I can tell, Adidas is really popping off. My current favorite shoes by Adidas are Superstars, Stan Smiths (hopefully….I haven’t tried them on yet), and UltraBoosts. UltraBoosts are so comfortable and are definitely my favorite shoes for working out. I highly HIGHLY recommend them. They’re on the pricier side, but you can almost always find them discounted if you search the web.
- For My Future: Indeed, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor have easily become my most used websites ever since I got out of school. All three of them are making my job search a whole lot easier, for the most part. If you are looking for a job, you HAVE TO use these sites…especially LinkedIn. Make sure your profile is up to date. If you’re reading this and hiring, hit me up with a job please. K, thanks.
- For My Strength: I have absolutely been loving doing pull-ups and I don’t know why because I’m not really getting any better at them. Somedays I can do 2; somedays I can do 3; and somedays I can do 4… but never more than that. I am working towards getting 7 pull-ups, but I don’t know what other exercises to help me get to my goal. BUT I WILL MAKE IT.
- For My Entertainment: Any Bachelor/Bachelorette fans out there? I go back and forth. Some seasons I am so completely obsessed with the show and other seasons (such as Colton’s) I don’t even watch at all. Right now, I am in my obsessed phase. I don’t like Hannah that much, but I do think she is entertaining to watch. She’s SOOO weird. Thank gosh LUKE is gone..hopefully. My favorites are Tyler and Peter….they’re the best! Cannot wait until Bachelor in Paradise though! Even better than the Bachelor/Bachelorette.
- For My Fitness: Lately, I’ve been feeling really bored at the gym. I do the same thing over and over again and I’m really not seeing or feeling much progress. Heck, I couldn’t even run one mile yesterday…grrrr. I recently started Sarah’s Day Workout Guide. It’s 8 weeks long and filled with a bunch of different workouts. Monday’s are the absolute worst because they’re high intensity and make my legs BURN! But that’s why I’m doing this program…to feel something from my workouts. We’ll see if I make it all 8 weeks.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the things I have been LOVING this summer. My favorites are constantly changing, especially music and workout, so maybe I will make another favorites post in a few months or so. Stay tuned for that.