In my last post I mentioned how I workout around 5x a week. I don’t think 5 days is too intense. In fact, I think it is the perfect amount. I think if I went every single day, I’d get burnt out very easily.
Working out has really just become a part of my daily routine. Obviously I wasn’t always like this. I’d say middle of senior year of high school is when I really started working out because my mom started to as well. Ever since then I’ve been able to motivate myself and make working out a really big part of my life…it’s honestly one of my favorite hobbies.
If you’re struggling to find motivation, I’ve curated a list of the top things that help me stay motivated. Hopefully you can apply at least one of these to your life to create a healthier lifestyle for yourself.
Stay Motivated to Workout
- Surround Yourself With Other Motivated People: I’ve kind of always been someone who likes going to the gym alone. I find it really relaxing and therapeutic. I’ll admit though, sometimes it is definitely hard to get my butt to the gym. Luckily for me, I have some people in my life who are also avid gym-goers and who motivate me to go even when I don’t want to. My mom and I both motivate each other, which I think is awesome. She also really pushes my limits because we’re both EXTREMELY competitive with each other. Honestly, the competition helps. Also, remember that cute boy from Organic Chemistry class that I mentioned a few posts ago? Well yeah he goes every single fricken day…wtf. If that doesn’t inspire you, then I don’t know what does.
- Workout in the Morning: When during the day to workout is really subjective. Everyone has a different schedule, so you need to find a time that works best for you. However, I HIGHLY recommend working out in the morning. I feel so much better when I get my workout done with in the morning and don’t have to worry about it throughout the rest of my day. One of my favorite times to workout is at 6:00 am. The gym is always empty and it’s just a great way to start the day! Gives me SO much energy. Try it at least once.
- Think About How You Feel After: I always feel 100x better after I workout. Sure during the workout it’s a pain in the butt. But after, feeling all that sweat on my shirt and my headband smelling absolutely DISGUSTING, ahh the best feeling! I guarantee you, you’ll never regret a workout, but you will regret NOT working out.
- Not As Healthy Foods: I try and eat as healthy as possible. I’d say I eat healthy 70% of the time, but sometimes a girl just needs some ICE CREAM…or a lot of the time. Honestly, I workout so I don’t feel as guilty when I eat that ice cream. I still feel a little guilty, but not as guilty haha!
- Do It To Better Yourself: I can list so many reasons why and how you should workout, but I can’t physically make you workout. Only you can do that for yourself. Don’t see working out as a horrible chore. View it as something that will ultimately better yourself. Watch yourself grow and become stronger and think about all the health benefits. I workout for myself and no one else. You should workout for YOURSELF!
I hope you read this and feel motivated to put your gym clothes on and go workout! Kidding. But actually I hope this helps and inspires you to start exercising or continue exercising. It’s the BEST and makes me and probably you feel the BEST!
*Video is me working on my pull ups. This grip is the easiest for me, but slowly working towards the normal grip*