Summer is officially here, thank the lord. I am so stoked to be able to wear shorts and a t-shirt every day! I feel like right before summer starts, everyone is striving to achieve that perfect summer body (whatever the heck that’s supposed to mean) whether that be through diet and/or fitness. In my opinion, I think it’s kind of ridiculous to base those two things around one season. Why not work on both throughout the whole year? Yeah it may be hard, but it can’t be harder than putting all your efforts in for just one season.
I’m totally the type of person who works out all year round basically fives times a week. I don’t workout on the weekends because those are my recovery days, but I do try and workout everyday during the week. Working out makes me feel 100x better and helps with my energy levels and helps me stress less. It also helps me sleep at night (for the most part).
I really like setting goals to reach in a certain amount of time. It forces me and encourages me actually work towards something when I go to the gym. I have created a list of my summer fitness goals and thought I would share them today and hopefully inspire you to create your own summer fitness goals!
Taylor’s Summer Fitness Goals
- 3 Minute Plank: If you followed my blog back in November, you know that I was striving to hold a 2 minute plank before I turned 21. I managed to achieve that, but now I’m not able to hold a plank past 1.5 minutes. That needs to change. Since I know I can reach 2 minutes, I will try and hold it for 1 minute longer.
- Run 10k: My running has been super inconsistent. Earlier this year, around March/April, I finally ran a 5k…the last time I ran one was in 2017. I’ve been trying to run more and am currently at 4 miles (if I don’t get a side cramp). By the end of the summer I would like to be able to run a 10k (6.2 miles).
- Work on Flexibility: Holy I think I’m the least flexible person ever. Freshmen year I would stretch a lot after working out, but now I NEVER stretch. I hate it. It’s so boring and bleh, but I know it’s so bad to not stretch. I would really like to become more flexible this summer and eventually be able to do the splits. This goal is pretty far fetched for me, but let’s just see how it goes.
- Try Something New: I pretty much do the same thing over and over again when it comes to working out. Yeah I switch it up each day, but it’s the same week after week. I would really like to add more variety. There are so many workout classes in the Bay Area (Barry’s Bootcamp, SoulCycle, Orange Theory, Hot Yoga, etc.) and I’ve never tried them (except SoulCycle). I know places like that usually offer some sort of deal for your first class, so I might as well take advantage of that. I might fall in love with one or all of them!
- Personal Trainer Certification: I have a lot of free time now that I am done with school and don’t know what I’m doing with my life. I’ve always wanted to become a personal trainer to help others reach their fitness goals as well as share my love for fitness with my community. I hope that I will be able to get my certification this summer!
Well that’s all that I can think of for right now. Set your own fitness goals for the summer and crush them! Make sure to check back to see whether or not I accomplish any of MY goals. Also, follow my Instagram (@taylormeetsworldd) because maybe I’ll update on there…also shameless plug.