Everyone…it’s 2019! How do years go by so fast? It’s actually insane. So much is going to change in 2019, but I’m really looking forward to new opportunities and new adventures.
I am 100% the type of person who creates New Year Resolutions at the end of each year. I don’t know why I do it because I’m really bad at sticking to them, but I really enjoy trying to hold myself accountable, so lets see if I can make 2019 my year!
- Travel to new places: I will officially not be in school for half of 2019, so I might as well take the time to travel, right? Top on my traveling list is Asia! I also want to travel to other places in the States that I haven’t been.
- Don’t collect so much junk: I am a complete junk collector. In my four years of college, I have accumulated so much and now that I will be moving back home, I need to get rid of a lot of stuff so everything fits. I’ve already started cleaning my room at home, but it’s so hard to part ways with things. How do minimalists do it?
- Go non-toxic: I don’t think people realize the amount of chemicals they apply to their body and the amount of fumes they breathe in on a daily basis. I am going on a non-toxic journey because I think it’s one of the best things you can do for your health.
- Write more in journal: I started journaling freshmen year. I don’t mean bullet journaling (because I do that too). I mean actually journaling and writing about anything. I used to write a lot, but I didn’t really in 2018, so 2019 I want to journal a lot more. It’s nice to look back on memories or feelings.
- Spend less time on phone: This is so hard now-a-days because like most people, I’m addicted to my phone. I use it to communicate with people, but I also use it to avoid people aka walking and avoiding someone. Bad habit man!
- Stress less: I am the queen of stress. I stress about everything: friends, boyfriend, school, future. I’ve been working on being more chill, but it’s super hard.
- Better communication skills: I suck at talking. I am super awkward at talking to strangers and just awkward in most conversations with people I’m not comfortable with. I need to work on my communication skills especially now that I’m graduating school.
- Do more body weight exercises: Body weight exercises are one of the best things you can do to build strength. This past year I did a lot of cardio, but in 2019 I want to focus more on strength.
- Dump sugar: I am so addicted to sugar. I swear, 2018 I ate more sugar than any other year. I noticed it has made me break out and not feel super great…even though it tastes great. I can’t cut it out cold turkey, but I can gradually work on reducing the intake.
- Spend less money on drinks: Starbuck is my weakness just like everyone else. I get a drink because I want it so badly, not because I need it. It’s a waste of money. I need to start thinking more economically.
- Say it how it is: I’m the type of person who bottles everything up. I HATE it. It’s super unhealthy and causes me stress. If something bothers me, then I need to just say it straight up rather than wait to say it.
- Stretch more: I work out a lot, but I hate stretching. It’s super slow and painful. I am also super inflexible and my muscles are so tight. I need to stretch to work out more!
- Focus on relationships that are worth it: I get really irritated when people push aside the people they’re closest to just because they know they’ll always be there. I want to focus on the good relationships I have and make them even stronger.
- Find a new hobby: Hobbies are really hard to discover when you’re constantly busy with school. When I have more free time, I want to find a new hobby. Right now my top hobbies are blogging, singing, and working out. I want a new hobby like healthy baking or photography. I think food photography is super awesome.
- Cook more meals using a cook book: I have a good amount of cook books, I just never actually make anything. I am not the best cook, but I think I could be if I tried. There are so many delicious recipes and eventually I’ll need to learn to cook more than eggs.
- Be more optimistic: I’m not a negative person, but I’m not a positive person either. I like to think about the worst case scenarios to mentally prepare myself for the worst. I would like to focus on focusing more on the positive and less on the negative.
- Get my certification in things I want: I really want to get my Health Coach certification and Personal Trainer certification. Now is the time to do it.
- Create monthly challenges: I really like the idea of having some challenge to complete each month. In December I did my 30 Peloton rides in 30 days challenge and it was HARD. I really want to do more challenges like that because I think it’s a good way to hit goals specifically fitness and wellness goals.
- Balance life and relationships: Now that I need to figure my life out, I need to prioritize things better. I need to prioritize planning for the future and prioritize relationships. Family will always be my main priority, but as for other relationships, I need to balance friends and boyfriend. I seem to prioritize the ladder, while my boyfriend prioritizes friends. I think we could both work on balancing them out.
Well that’s 19 resolutions for 2019! I wrote these down in my bullet journal as well so I can always refer back to them whenever. I cannot wait to start a new year and just hit the reset button. This is going to be a great year!
~TaylorTags: 2019, fitness, health, newyears, relationships, resolutions, Travel, wellness