Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all get to spend it with people you love and I hope you eat a lot of delicious food. I love this time of year and I love Thanksgiving so much. I always get to spend time with my family in the kitchen, while we all contribute to make a large Thanksgiving feast. It’s not often that we are all together anymore since my sister and I are both away at school for the majority of the year, so when we do get the chance to be together, it’s really special. Today, I thought I would share a few things I am so thankful for because that’s what Thanksgiving is really about!
I’m Thankful For…
- My amazing family: I freaking love my family so much. Being with them makes me more happy than anything else and I honestly don’t know what I would do without them. I am so glad that I only am a state away, because if I wasn’t able to come home on a random weekend, I would get very homesick!
- My hometown: Being able to come home to such a safe and calm neighborhood is amazing. I am so lucky to be able to live in a place like this and lucky to be surrounded by neighbors who are so kind. Not everyone can say they love their hometown, but I am very thankful I can. Also, with all the environmental impacts on the country right now (fires, hurricanes, extreme weather, etc.), I am so thankful that nothing has happened to my hometown… you really never know when something like that will happen, so you typically take it for granted. I am just really thankful that my hometown is the BEST!
- My friends: Friends are the best, aren’t they? They just get you like no one else does, besides family, but I feel like they know you in a different way. My friends from home are the best. They understand me so much and understand and accept my weirdness… and I’m a freaking weird person. Also, I feel like I can tell them anything and they’ll give me the best advice. My friends from school are awesome as well. They see me in a different way because I pretty much live with them. Ah I just love friends.
- My education: As much as I am sooooo over school, I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to take so many amazing (and horrible) classes. So many people don’t have the opportunity to do so, which is really sad. I am lucky that this education that I am getting will lead me to some awesome career… hopefully.
- Sleep: I think I would go crazy if I wasn’t able to sleep. When I wake up every morning, I literally think, “I cannot wait to go back to bed… I wish it were bed time!” There are so many nights when I can’t sleep and it honestly sucks, so I am really thankful for the nights that I sleep soundlessly and dream the weird dreams that I do.
There are SO many more things that I am thankful for, but I leave it with these for now. I think it’s important to take the time to enjoy the company and enjoy your life right now, rather than just focus on the food that you’re about to devour. Food is definitely NOT what Thanksgiving is about…so just remember that. I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Also, if you’re going Black Friday shopping…good luck! I’m going and I hate it every year, but it’s tradition… I hope I find some good stuff!
~TaylorTags: education, family, friends, grateful, sleep, thankful, thanksgiving