Hey all! Today is my 21st birthday! I am officially old enough to drink and go to the bars…I’m stoked. I feel like 21 is the last birthday I’m actually looking forward to because after that you’re just old. Now I’m an adult and have to act like one for the rest of my life…why? We all grow up way too fast. I’m excited to be 21 though…I think it will be a good year. For today, I decided that I wanted to share 21 things I’ve learned in my 21 years of living.
- It’s okay to put yourself before others. Sometimes this can be seen as selfish, but you have to do what makes you happy. You’re really the only person who will always be there for yourself.
- I am actually emotional. For the first 19 years of my life my family kept telling me how unemotional I am… they’re wrong! I can be very emotional about certain things.
- Peloton is the best workout ever.
- Saying sorry is really hard, but sometimes it’s the only thing you can do to make things better.
- Quality friends over quantity of friends. I literally have like 5 friends in college, but they’re all really good friends. The people you make an effort to stay friends with are the people that will ultimately be in your life for a long time and it’s okay if it’s not a ton of people.
- Crazy Rich Asians is a great movie and all three of the books are amazing! 10/10 recommend.
- Organic Chemistry is the death of me, but biology is even more of the death of me.
- Family is the best thing in the entire world.
- Saving money is hard especially when you’re obsessed with buying clothes.
- I hate being late more than anything in the world. If I’m going to be even a little bit late to class, like 2 min, then I won’t go.
- It’s really hard to get classwork done when all you want to do is watch How I Met Your Mother. I am watching it for the first time and I’m in love. Great show!
- Eggs, broccoli, rice, and potatoes are the only foods I need in life. That’s literally all I eat for dinner at school because I am way too lazy to cook anything.
- Sometimes you have to fight to get what you want and deserve…aka getting rid of terrible roommates. It’s worth going through the trouble if the outcome is in your favor.
- My mom is my favorite person on the planet. She is so adorable and my best friend! I’m her mini me!
- Exploring different music genres will lead you to really good songs. I just discovered EDM thanks to Harry, and I really enjoy it for the most part.
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the best and easiest lunches.
- Working out should be something you want to do rather than something you have to do.
- Dessert is always a good idea. If you’re debating whether or not you want to eat that ice cream or that cookie, the answer is yes!
- One Tree Hill is the best show to ever exist and it never gets old at all!
- I am super stubborn and think I am always right because I am always right! Don’t mess with me!
- Don’t lose sight of who you are. Don’t change because society says you should look or act a certain way. Stay true to who you are!
I’ve obviously learned a lot more in the past 21 years, but that’s all for now! It’s really freaking hard to come up with things you learn and life lessons. I hope you enjoyed and got something out of it! Thanks for the best 21st birthday ever! I will definitely be posting what I did on my birthday…so stay tuned for that!
~TaylorTags: 21, 21st, birthday, happybirthday, lifelessons, thingsivelearned