I’ve been blogging for a while now… probably around 4 years or so. I had a blog prior to this blog, but decided to start over and start fresh. My other blog was basically the exact same, but I just decided to switch over from Weebly to WordPress.
I started blogging senior year of high school. I honestly have no clue how I got the idea to start blogging, but I’m so glad I did. Blogging has become a personal outlet for me and has allowed me to share my opinions with people as well as share my passions for certain things. Today, I want to share why I started blogging as well as why I blog:
Why I Blog:
- Creative: As mentioned above, blogging allows me to be creative. When you’re in college taking all science classes, everything is super black and white and there is no room for color. Blogging allows me to create content and share content with people (whoever happens to come across this) that I love.
- Journal: To me, my blog almost acts as a journal. I share a lot of personal information on here and I hope one day, a few years down the road, I can look back at my posts and reminisce on the good times. I obviously don’t share every detail of my life that I would in my actual journal, but I do share a lot of the really good moments. Also, I’ve share a lot about my first relationship, so I’ll be able to look back at that and relive the memories.
- Inspire: One of the main reasons why I started this blog was because I want to inspire people with things I love. I am super passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. I love working out and I eat semi-healthy (I used to eat a lot healthier, but it’s freaking hard) so I want to share that with people around me and inspire them to live a healthy lifestyle as well. I encouraged my dad to start working out and being active, and he lost a lot of weight. I’m hoping this blog will inspire at least one person to evaluate their lifestyle and make healthier choices.
- Advice: I’m trying to figure my life out as is a lot of people. I’ve had a lot of experiences thus far in my life and feel as though I have some good advice to give. I want this blog to be a place where people can get their answers, whatever it may be. I know my friend Julia asks me for advice a lot, as I do with her, and I feel like the advice we ask is really relevant to a lot of people, so why not share it?
- Conversation: I have no idea if that is the word I’m looking for, but I’ll roll with it. This blog is me expressing my true self and sharing my emotions, good or bad. Sometimes it’s hard to display those feelings to the people in my life, so I feel like blogging is a good way to start the conversation, or have them realize my feelings towards whatever, without me explicitly having to say it. It may sound like I’m avoiding confrontation, which I am, but that’s okay 🙂
Well I hope you enjoyed reading about why I started blogging and why I blog. I know I don’t get a lot of traffic, but blogging is one of my biggest hobbies and I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. That’s it for now. Also, Happy Halloween! Tomorrow is November…which means my birthday is 9 days away! Woohoo! Going to try and blog as many days as possible in the month of November, so make sure you come back and check it out!
~TaylorTags: advice, blogging, conversation, creative, inspire, journal, whyistarted