Music gets me through the day honestly. I am listening to music for multiple hours of the day: when I go to class, walking from class to class, working out, showering, doing homework, literally all the time. If I didn’t have music, life would be so quiet and not as interesting. I love how it connects people and gives meaning to life.
I love all different genres of music. Pop, rap, jazz, EDM, country, CHRISTMAS, really anything. Everyone knows me as someone who strictly listens to slow, acoustic songs, but I have really expanded the variety of music I listen to. Here are a few of the top songs I have been listening to recently:
- Happier by Marshmello and Bastille This song is so good and really does make me happier. I think I have listened to this song 5 times today and will probably listen to it a lot more. Also, the music video is so sad… made me bawl my eyes out.
- Tie Me Down by Gryffin The chorus of this song is so fun to dance to. I literally go crazy and look like a psychotic person when I hear this song, but it really gets me going!
- 2002 by Anne-Marie There’s something about this song that makes me really happy. It’s a super cute love story and basically what every girl dreams of. I heard this song come on in one of my Peloton rides and it was lit. It made me super hyped.
- Nice For What by Drake I have this song stuck in my head constantly especially the part that says “Pray for me.” I find myself singing it all the time…it’s probably super annoying. I have been really liking Drake’s songs in general. I support him because of Degrassi!
- Beyond by Leon Bridges If you don’t think this song is adorable, then I don’t know what is wrong with you. I feel like this song is the exact opposite of how a lot of guys treat girls these days. I love everything about it and it’s also super fun to sing.
Well that’s all the songs I’ve been loving that I can think of right now. I recently just rediscovered Simple Plan… I used to listen to them all the time. I also have been loving throwback songs! Shout out to Erin Goode for having a bomb throwback playlist. If you have any music suggestions, leave them down below because I love discovering new music!
~TaylorTags: country, edm, jazz, love, music, pop